There are several different types of acne and knowing the type of acne you may be suffering from is important so that you can manage it more effectively. These include:
1. Steroid acne – This is triggered by the use of prescription steroids whether they are applied on the skin or taken intravenously or inhaled.
2. Body building acne – This is triggered by the use or rather abuse of anabolic androgenic steroids usually used for body building purposes.
3. Iatrogenic acne – This is triggered by the use of prescription medications such as phenytoin, lithium and isoniazid. It is also know as acne medicamentosa.
4. Cosmetic acne – This is triggered by the use of oil rich skincare Best Legal Steroids alternatives for sale products that clog the skin pores. It is also known as acne cosmetica or pomade acne.
5. Occupational acne – This is triggered by machine oils, coal tar derivatives and halogenated hydrocarbons especially by those who are exposed to them in their line of duty.
6. Acne detergens – This is triggered by excessive washing of the face as it can stimulate the sebaceous glands to produce more sebum or oil which can clog the pores.
7. Mechanical acne – This is triggered by physical trauma and mechanical breakage of sebaceous glands by external forces such as bicycle helmets, stiff shirt collars or headbands. It is also known as acne mechanica.
8. Chloracne – This is triggered by exposure to halogenated hydrocarbons such as chlorinated dioxins and dibenzofuranes through either direct contact, inhalation or ingestion of contaminated foods.
9. Neonatal acne – This is triggered by the stimulation of the newborn baby’s sebaceous glands by the mother’s hormones. It is also known as acne neonatorum.
10. Teenage acne – This is triggered by the increase in production of androgens or male sex hormones during puberty.
11. Cyclic acne – This is triggered by the release of hormones after ovulation and it usually results in premenstrual flare-ups of acne or the development of pimples just before the monthly periods.