In order to make an informed decision about which sliding door shower to choose; read the primer below.
Before you can narrow down the sliding glass door shower models available for your specific shower; you will need to determine what type of existing shower enclosure you have.
Most showers will fall into one of the categories below:
1. Walk-In shower- This shower has no bath tub and is accessed by walking directly into the shower space. A sliding door shower installed into a walk-in shower saves space by eliminating the need for your shower door to open into the bathroom area.
2. Tub/shower combination-Here the shower space is made of a bath tub with a shower head installed for showering. Sliding door shower kits are a convenient,Convert Your Shower to a Beautiful Sliding Glass Door Shower Articles cost effective and easy to install option for rejuvenating your bathroom design.
3. Corner Shower- As the name indicates this is a shower space that is made into a corner of your bathroom. The corner shower may prove to be a more difficult shower to convert to a sliding door shower, but is generally possible none the less.
After you determine the type of shower enclosure you have, measure the opening where you will be installing your sliding glass door shower.
You will need to measure:
1. The top width (distance from wall to wall at top of the shower door)
2. Bottom width (distance from wall to wall at the bottom of the shower door)
3. Height (distance from the top of bathtub ledge or shower base to the top of the wall where you want the shower door to be located).
Make these measurements very accurately. If inaccurate, your sliding door shower will not fit (and returning it may be a problem) or installing your sliding glass door shower will be very difficult. It is always best to measure properly the first time to avoid these problems.
Know your budget for your sliding door resealing shower tray shower project. There are some money saving tips to get the sliding glass door shower you are after, even with a small budget. Sliding door shower kits are available that include the hardware you will need for installation. The hardware may not be exactly the quality or design you want, however these items can be upgraded at a later date when your budget allows.
You can also look at the design of your other existing bathroom fixtures and choose a sliding door shower model that enhances them if possible. You will not need to purchase replacement hardware (for your other fixures) in order to match your new sliding door shower. This may create a large savings to your budget.
Keeping the above information at hand, you are ready to find the perfect sliding door shower to give your bath the look you desire.